MOV to WMV

steve263000 09:18 21 Feb 2007

I have a digital camera, which like most will take movies. This will play in 'quick time' but I prefer the Windows media format. I can get it to play in WMV by choosing that option from the 'open with'list.

My question is this. How do I either change the format from .MOV to.WMV, or save the file as a WMV file? Windows Media will not recognise the file when I try to open and use Windows movie maker using a .MOV file.

Did I make that clear enough? There must be some sort of software that will do this easily enough. The main reason is that the MOV files are huge files, and WMV reduces the size for posting purposes, or putting on my web site.

eedcam 09:23 21 Feb 2007

H ave a look here click here

steve263000 10:38 21 Feb 2007

Thank you for the response, but are there any 'freebies' out there?

ACOLYTE 11:01 21 Feb 2007

Have you tried just changing the file extension to .WMV,it somtimes works but not always.

steve263000 11:40 21 Feb 2007

When the vid opens in Windows media, there seems to be no way of re-saving the file under another extention name. Can you point out where that is please? I know that Media 1o has changed things around, but you used to be able to save under another name etc.

eedcam 22:57 21 Feb 2007
  baldtaco 23:02 21 Feb 2007
  steve263000 09:00 22 Feb 2007

Once again, whenever I come to the forums, I get informed help. In the end I have decided to buy one from Movavi . I had already downloaded the trial version, and one is as good as another with these things. I have tried the one that baldtaco suggested, as it was free, but could not get one with it.

So thanks to all that responded.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?