MOV file-Can Format be Changed?

Kooji 12:12 31 Oct 2007

Hi everyone. I have a query regarding the above. I have an MOV file on my hard drive, which I have burned onto a C.D. disk. The disk will play fine on my computer via Windows Media Player, however if I insert the disk into my DVD player (in order to view it on the T.V.)It fails to 'load'. Is it possible to change the file in order that once it is on a disc it will become recognised and then play on the DVD? Idiot proof answers, greatly appreciated....

Kooji.

lisa02 15:26 31 Oct 2007

You need a mov to dvd converter program.

lisa02 15:35 31 Oct 2007

click here found this on by searching.

Kooji 17:15 31 Oct 2007

lisa02
Many thanks for such a fast response however I've check the website and many of the comments seem to imply that a 'newbie' like me may not be able to use or understand the programme. Is there anything more simpler out there...any comments would be greatly appreciated..??

Thanks again
Kooji

MCE2005 22:19 31 Oct 2007

'What's to understand'
drag video file to super. Choose output Container, press 'Encode (Active Files).
Sit back and wait till it's done, BINGO.

Kooji 07:23 01 Nov 2007

Thanks for that MCE2005 I'm just a little timid at doing something I don't quite understand, however I'll have a go now you've explained the basics.
Cheers
Kooji

anchor 15:05 01 Nov 2007

An alternative: try RAD video tools; have a look here:

click here

I used the above to convert a MOV file to AVI, then used DVDflick, to convert and burn a DVD that played fine in my home DVD player

click here

Paul669 21:25 02 Nov 2007

I can 2nd RAD. Simple to use with good quality. Mind you, my clips were only about 1 min long each; not sure how longer clips would fare.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?