Mouse will not work

Lee12 00:30 20 Nov 2007

Hi, I am working on a Compaq Presario desktop S50000NX, with (Windows Millennium ME) OS
I’m not able to get the mouse to function, I am using a PS/2 connection, and I also tried the USB port. I used another mouse with a PS/2 connection and still nothing, download the drivers for ( HP Multimedia Keyboard/Mouse Driver Update) and for (Intel Extreme Graphics Driver Update) on my other computer. The keyboard is functioning but not the mouse. I can’t do anything without the mouse. I went into CMOS and set the boot sequence to start from CD-ROM just to see what would happen so that I could install the drivers; still not working. Can anyone please help me with this issue?
Thanks
Lee64

Crash 00:32 20 Nov 2007

Try system restore to a point were the mouse was working if you can

Lee12 01:16 20 Nov 2007

Is there a way to get to system restore with the mouse?

Karakorum 02:21 20 Nov 2007

To access System Restore without a mouse
In Windows XP it would be:-

Press Windows key + R (brings up RUN window)
Type
%SystemRoot%\System32\restore\rstrui.exe
Press ENTER

Don't know if that works in Windows ME though.

Karakorum 02:51 20 Nov 2007

This is a list of keyboard shortcuts for Win ME click here;en-us;q126449 that you could access on your other computer till you get your mouse problem sorted.

Karakorum 02:55 20 Nov 2007

I'll try that link again

click here;en-us;q126449

and see if it works this time.

Karakorum 03:12 20 Nov 2007

Don't get why it's not coming out right.
It works if you copy & paste the link part into the address box and then copy a paste the second bit onto the end. Sorry about that.

Lee12 07:00 20 Nov 2007

Hi everyone, I went into safe mode, once in there the mouse was functioning and then went to system restore; all is ok now. Thanks for every ones input

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?