Mouse wheel "click" function, anyone confirm this.

mooly 12:06 29 Apr 2009

Might be imagining this but when you click (press down) the scroll wheel on a cordless mouse you get a symbol appear on screen and then just moving the mouse up or down causes the page to scroll. Such as on this page for example. No problem there.
But I am sure it worked the same on things like wordprocessor documents and so on, things done in notepad too. Anyone confirm that. Mine doesn't and even tried a different mouse and that's the same. But web pages, yes it's fine.

Clapton is God 12:11 29 Apr 2009

"But I am sure it worked the same on things like wordprocessor documents and so on, things done in notepad too. Anyone confirm that"

Confirmed

keef66 12:13 29 Apr 2009

here too also

MAJ 12:18 29 Apr 2009

Works in Office documents but not Notepad for me.

mooly 12:36 29 Apr 2009

So the next question is... why not... what's changed. Haven't made any changes at all to the system at all.

Clapton is God 12:39 29 Apr 2009

Try System Restore - if you know how far back to go.

Or re-install the mouse drivers (if it needs drivers).

MAJ 12:42 29 Apr 2009

Go to Control Panel > Mouse > Wheel tab, and make sure you have the scroll option active in there.

mooly 14:18 29 Apr 2009

It is active thanks but doesn't work in anything other than web pages.

Woolwell 17:19 29 Apr 2009

It appears to be application driven. There is a slightly different symbol with Firefox compared to IE. You can turn it off with Firefox click here but that does not affect Word, etc.

Woolwell 17:32 29 Apr 2009

Which mouse have you got?

BT 17:33 29 Apr 2009

Works in pretty well anything as far as I can see.
Web pages, Office Docs, Notepad. Mines not a cordless mouse but as I remember when I did have one it worked in everything.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?