mouse slows down

the old man 18:59 04 Mar 2007

My mouse slows down to a snails pace across the screen when I have a couple of windows open e.g. when I try to change mouse settings via control panel there are about 4/5 windows open, and when I click on ok/apply it takes a few seconds for the action to take place.

Anyone have any ideas.

Mouse is a Belkin rf wireless optical mouse and the batteries are new.

birdface 19:45 04 Mar 2007

Just switching off the computer waiting for a minute then switch it back on works for some folk ,Now I cant remember if you had to switch it off at the main or not,Ignore this if you have already tried.

birdface 20:08 04 Mar 2007

I have had a problem mutch the same as yours,But just when I click a program to close it or open a new one it takes 2-4 seconds to respond,I took it it was a virus or spyware problem,so ran Trend Micro yesterday for a second opinion ,it found no Spyware or Virus's but came up with this,click here, It tried to delete the problem but was unsucsesful.Sometime it takes a bit longer than the time stated,Noticed it about a fortnight ago but could not find any problems till yesterday.1st thought was mouse not working properly,but it is almost new,Just had a thought problem started about the same time as the bad downloads from Microsoft.That click here is where I was sent for a repair.

the old man 09:16 05 Mar 2007

Thanks for that. I have obviously been adding software back onto my newly built rig and yesterday there were 3/4 bits of software that wanted to install .NET Framework 2.0. I think there may be a corrupted file somewhere along the line. The mouse works fine for about 10 minutes after a restart or a power down then it just slows down. Mouse is not new but I have not had a problem like this before.

birdface 11:03 05 Mar 2007

There is a Net Framework 3.0 now you should get it with your Microsoft Up-dates. How about deleting Net Framework 2.0 Running C Cleaner then reinstalling it.Then put 3.0 on.Or Just put 3.0 on if you want it.Maybe someone will be better able to help you with your problem as I am not sure the best way to advise you,I still have my little problem still takes about2-6 seconds to open some new pages,Mouse problem!!It might be,

birdface 23:51 05 Mar 2007

Hi,Just been to another thread and Tried this one from Skidzy,click here free to try.Certainly speeded up my computer and so far no problem with turning pages.Will see what happens in the next few days ,click here That was the thread that I was talking about.

skidzy 23:59 05 Mar 2007

The .NET Framework 3 should not be needed unless you have installed Vista,it is primarily aimed at system builders.
Version 2 should be fine for all xp os's running service pack 2.

I would advise if any old mouse software exists...remove this.

My link is getting some plugging buteman,thankyou.:-))

birdface 01:57 06 Mar 2007

Best program that I have downloaded for a while,Never heard of it till you mentioned it on that other thread,I could probably get rid of 3-4 of the programs that I use if I was going to buy the full version of it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?