Mouse problems?

Gwyn1 14:40 30 Jul 2006

May not be as described above. The problem is that on one particular site whenever I press the mouse button on any part of the page the 'egg timer' shows and the windows logo (flag) starts to move this only lasts for a few seconds each time. Have run AVG, Ewido, Defender and Spybot Search and Destroy but can't find any virus/trojan. I think it only happens when I have been on the site for more than a few hours. Or could it be only when the computer has been on for a few hours?. Any suggestions as to why, or what to check for would be gratefully accepted.

GaT7 15:52 30 Jul 2006

If you provide a link to the site*, perhaps some of us could check to see if it happens to us as well.

Also, please let us know your OS & browser.

I get similar symptoms at certain sites (like click here) using Avant browser. G

*NO adult or related sites please as this is a family forum

Gwyn1 16:19 30 Jul 2006

No need to worry about the site it is an Internet chess site. I have emailed other members of the site but they do not have the same problem. Have just uninstalled and reinstalled IE6 and the problem is not there now so hopefully it may be ok. I will post back if it reoccurs. Thanks Crossbow7 for your reply.

GaT7 17:00 30 Jul 2006

If the problem returns, or as an alternative, you can try Firefox click here &/or Opera click here. G

Gwyn1 17:05 30 Jul 2006

I installed Firefox but did not like it so reinstalled IE6, I will give Opera ago if the problem returns.

GaT7 17:43 30 Jul 2006

"I installed Firefox but did not like it...." - you don't know what you're missing : ). For me the multitabs are the most useful feature (there are many nice extensions too click here).

It took me a while getting used to Firefox (FF) & Avant (click here - basically IE with many more useful features), but once I began to make use of their extra features I became totally hooked!

Only ever use IE now if I HAVE to, which is very rare as FF has an IE-extension (click here), so one can open an IE tab from within FF if there's a non-IE browser compatibility issue. Avant remains my first choice though. G

Gwyn1 17:50 30 Jul 2006

I did think that it would take time to get used to it. When I have fewer chess games to play I may go back and give it another try.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?