Mouse problem

sambat 10:14 21 Apr 2009

I cannot open any folders on my PC by using the double click - however if I left click and use Explore all is fine. The mouse works normally in all other cases.
Can anyone help please?

Graphicool1 12:40 21 Apr 2009

Is your PC mouse set up to use double click?
My mouse is set up to use a single click.
If I double click a folder it won't open, because the second click cancels the first.

Pineman100 16:08 21 Apr 2009

The speed of a double-click can be critical. Too slow and it doesn't work.

You can adjust the double-click speed setting using your mouse software (assuming it's a non-generic mouse) or by clicking Start>Control Panel (in Classic View)>Mouse, for a generic mouse.

Graphicool1 18:23 21 Apr 2009

Do this...
Start>Run Type: regsvr32 /i shell32.dll Press 'Enter' on the keyboard. Wait a little while an a pop up box will appear and tell you it is done. The problem should have gone away now.
What this little code does is re-register all the .dll (Direct Link Library) files.

Graphicool1 18:26 21 Apr 2009

Take note of the spaces between 'regsvr32' and '/' also between 'i' and 'shell32.dll'

sambat 19:35 21 Apr 2009

Thanks for your responses;

I have tried the dll regester, it does come back and confirm success but still no change in my mouse.

The mouse click speed does not change anything at all, fast or slow it does not open a folder.

Incidentally when I do click I get the hourglass for a fraction of a second.

Graphicool1 09:31 22 Apr 2009

I thought that might just do it, as I have justarted getting that same problem, if I download and install a new game. I run the code and it's fine till the next time. I think in my case when I add something new to the restry it jiggles everything about a bit.

Still, that isn't helping you. Try this My Computer>right click C:\ then 'Properties' click the 'Tools' tab and in 'Error Checking' choose 'Check Now' here you will be given two choices...
1-Automatically fix file system errors
Click start and run this first, it will say it can't do till you reboot. It will ask if this is ok say yes and when it's ready reboot and it'll do its thing.
If that doesn't work then you can run the file cluster fix.
Do you use Ccleaner, it cleans all temp files and history and cleans the registry safely and it's free... click here
Here is another thing you can try, Defraggler, it's also free... click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone