Mouse problem

mark_jm 14:35 29 Jun 2007

I have developed a problem with my mouse. The mouse pointer makes unusual and some times random movements. The problem seems to be limited just after boot up, but gets progressivly worse the more work and programes I open.

Some times it seems like if I move the poointer any where near an icon of over a button it just goes haywire. The mouse I have is a wired optical logitec mouse M/N M-UV69

It happens wether or not I am on line.

I have:
Uninstalled the mouse several times through Mouse in control panel. I have uninstalled the USB through hardware in control panel. I have tried downlaoding new drivers from logitec. I have down loaded drivers from Microsoft.
Tried another mouse.
Tried another USB port

Nothing changes.

HELP Its really *[email protected]:ing me off now

p;3 14:50 29 Jun 2007

you do not say what windows version you are on, which av program you are using and other protection programs and when you last updated and ran them all ; that might help to know for starters as it sounds to be not a specific mouse's problem but general mices problem ::))

(bad batch of cheese maybe??::))

Chris the Ancient 17:45 29 Jun 2007

Try these...

click here about half way down the page

click here about quarter way down the page

click here

found these by doing a search in google for 'Crazy Mouse' (withoute the quotes).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

How secure is your Wi-Fi?

AMD vs Intel: we put the most powerful desktops for designers and artists head-to-head

iPhone tips & tricks

Les meilleurs ordinateurs portables 2017