Mouse Pointer

Tinker Bell 18:02 14 May 2008

Is there a way to disable the tiny up and down icon at the end of my mouse pointer?

Hope I've explained that correctly.

I have a HP laptop and running windows vista

Technotiger 18:35 14 May 2008

Got Start>Control Panel>Mouse you should be able to choose how your mouse pointer looks.

Technotiger 18:35 14 May 2008

At least that is for XP - I expect it is the same or similar in Vista.

Tinker Bell 18:53 14 May 2008

Hi tech

I followed your tip and looked under "poniters" but can't see the icon, maybe I have not explained myself properly.

The icon I need to delete is the one that appears right at the end of the mouse pointer which makes the page go up and down.

Technotiger 19:01 14 May 2008

Can you submit a Screen-shot so we can see exactly what you mean?

Technotiger 19:04 14 May 2008

When you move your mouse pointer over the edge of some windows the pointer changes to a double-headed arrow, which if then held with the left mouse button causes the Window to get smaller or larger depending how you move the mouse - Is this the pointer you are referring to?

Peter 19:04 14 May 2008

Perhaps the pointer you are describing is the scroll pointer that comes up when you press (click) your mouse scroll wheel. If so it should go away when you press your mouse scroll again.

Peter.

Technotiger 19:13 14 May 2008

If you click on the little black arrow as circled in this screen-shot, you will get more options for the pointers' appearance.

[URL=click here][IMG]click here[/IMG][/URL]

Technotiger 19:14 14 May 2008

Very good point Peter, I had forgotten that :-)

Tinker Bell 19:32 14 May 2008

Tech, you said:

When you move your mouse pointer over the edge of some windows the pointer changes to a double-headed arrow, which if then held with the left mouse button causes the Window to get smaller or larger depending how you move the mouse - Is this the pointer you are referring to?

Yes

I've been trying to do a screen shot for you, but when I take my finger of the mouse, the icon disapears.

Tinker Bell 19:36 14 May 2008

I don't have a mouse as such, the problem is on my laptop.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?