Mouse not working

LimestoneRock 13:24 15 Aug 2005

I am in the middle of doing a clean install of Windows XP Home with SP2(previously had Win 98se)and I am at the Regional & Language Options page of the installation. It gives me the option to customize, change config or Next but the mouse will not work. I have tried pressing Enter and also attempted to get the boxes highlighted by using Tab, but nothing. I am stuck on this page of the XP installation. Can anyone help please.

LimestoneRock 13:25 15 Aug 2005

Forgot to mention - mouse is NOT USB.

LimestoneRock 13:52 15 Aug 2005

Keyboard is not working either so hence no way of clicking or typing required info for XP install. Does this mean I have to commence clean install again including the formatting and how can I ensure that I do not hit the same problem again when it gets to this page of the installation.

Quiet Life 14:59 15 Aug 2005

If you have moved the computer you may have got the mouse and keyboard reversed in their sockets.

LimestoneRock 15:35 15 Aug 2005

No, nothing had been moved or removed.I managed to get the mouse working by attaching a USB mouse which helped me get past one screen in the installation but when it came to entering my name & product key, the keyboard would not work. In the end my impatience got the better of me and I pressed the re-boot button and Windows XP started the installation afresh although I did not have to reformat. This time, both the mouse & keyboard were picked up and I am now up and running. Thanks for your response.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

The secrets of creating gory VFX

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

WhatsApp : comment lire vos messages sans que l’expéditeur le sache