mouse moves right off screen

aver 20:04 11 Nov 2004

ive just reinstalled my xp home onto a freshley formated hard drive, setting up the software seemed to go well but i have a problem ive never seen before the mouse pointer seems to fall off the edge of the screen, but not as simple as that when i move the mouse to the right lower side you can just see it but move it up to half way and it seems to fall away into nothing, i say that because i use a track ball which has to be spun a couple of times to bring it back. ive adjusted the monitor this has made no differnce,nor has adjusting the mouse settings, im useing the geforce 5700le grafic card with 256mb on board this i would not even know where to start makeing changes to it mainly because im not sure what the settings would do also i do not have my track ball software loaded and havent for years with no bad affects. this may be another symptom but when looking at a full page of text there seems to be two broad lines running down the screen only seen in the words a bit like tracking lines while turning in the vcr to a tv, has anybody heard of this problem before and can help thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Add Depth Of Field to a photo using Tilt Shift Blur in Photoshop

iPhone tips & tricks

Les meilleures tablettes 2017