Mouse Issues

Polopaul69™ 11:35 21 Dec 2006

Have a problem with a lady & Windows 98 and her mouse. Basically she is running 98 on a quite oldish PC and occassionally her PS2 mouse stopped working, so she was wiggling the cable and sometimes it came back on working again. She then went out to buy a new PS2 mouse and it kept happening again.

I suggested that because of the wiggling, it might have affected the connectors so i then suggested that the quickest & easiest fix is to grab a USB mouse which she did.

She got a Philex mouse model: 75240hf

However the mouse is still not recognised so does not work. The mouse did not come with any drivers etc and it stated that it was plug n play - no drivers needed, compatible with windows 98.

Any suggestions what to check?

One thing, when i got her over the phone to go to add new hardware, it was trying to ask for a Hidclass.sys file, but she could not find it on the PC or on the Windows CD and it doesn't give the option to do a web search for the file.

Any hep would be great

GEEKSTA 11:49 21 Dec 2006

i dont think windows 98 has got plug n play facility?
Usually things for windows 98 there is a CD?
Because of the wiggling, have you tried opening up the mouse and maby reconnecting any loose wires or something?

Polopaul69™ 12:00 21 Dec 2006

There is no CD or Floppy included. She bought the mouse from ASDA and i have checked it myself and all is legit n ok with the mouse.

Technotiger 12:03 21 Dec 2006

Hi, probably needs this ...

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?