mouse help again

rickilambert 18:58 24 Nov 2007

ive reinstalled xp, and now i need to set it up in the setup guide that automatically starts when xp is booted for the first time, the problem is the mosue is still not working and i cannot navigate away from the page,

is there ANYTHING i can do to get the mouse to work?

i rerally need some help so much

thanks

MAJ 19:02 24 Nov 2007

Make sure the mouse, if it isn't a USB mouse, is plugged into the correct PS/2 connection on the back of your computer, it should be plugged into the Green socket, not the Purple socket.

rickilambert 19:03 24 Nov 2007

yeh it is defs plugged in to the green socket i swear on my life it is,

grrrr its so annoying lol, sepcially seeing as its my gfs pc and we dont have another mouse lol

MAJ 19:06 24 Nov 2007

Sounds like a wonky mouse then rickilambert, couldn't you borrow one from a mate, to check it out.

rickilambert 19:07 24 Nov 2007

yeh i will do, does it have to be a green connector one or will a usb one do coz i dont think my mates will have another green connector mouse, only a usb

MAJ 19:18 24 Nov 2007

USB will do fine, but that wont tell you if yours is working, try your mouse on his PC.

MAJ 19:22 24 Nov 2007

Can't you navigate around the on-screen buttons, at the moment, using a combination of the arrow keys and return key, rickilambert?

rickilambert 19:35 24 Nov 2007

no i cant at the moment use anything, it ownt let me for some reasons, im off to get a mouse brb :)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: University of the West of England (UWE)

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Les meilleures GoPro 2017