mouse conflict

Dasmad 09:03 30 Apr 2008

Using Fujitsu-Siemens Amilo M7400 laptop with an external Cellink wireless optical mouse, under Win XP home. I have some kind of conflict between touchpad and external mouse operation which seems to occur randomly, or perhaps related to how the pc goes on to standby condition. Basically the optical mouse may become inoperative when pc is awoken from standby, but this can be retrieved by returning to standby and then re-awakening. Occasionally, even the touchpad mouse is also de-activated.
It's a bit of a complicated question, but any ideas on how to resolve this........?

Terry Brown 09:21 30 Apr 2008

Have you checked the battery in the mouse as a low battery level can cause this problem.
Terry

Ditch999 09:39 30 Apr 2008

Under Mouse Properties in Device Manager try unticking the box which says "Allow this device to bring the computer out of standby" Reboot for the changes to take effect. Do you have a function to disable the touchpad when there is an external mouse being used? There is on my Dell.

Dasmad 11:13 30 Apr 2008

battery doesn't seem to have any effect - and I recharge regularly........but I did try disabling touchpad once (not popular as other users prefer it), and the external mouse failed to work on re-boot. I don't seem to have any box relating to coming out of standby.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?