Mouse buttons nt working in Word-OK in other progs

Resolution 14:40 03 Dec 2007

I'm running Office 2007 in Vista OS. Today after a Windows update, I lost the ability to move the cursor in Microsoft word using the Mouse or the touchpad on the computer. I can move the arrow all over the screen, but cannot fix the cursor anywhere with the mouse or touchpad buttons. The buttons work in all other programmes - they only fail in Word. At present the only way I can navigate my Word documents is using the arrow keys, whcih is useless.

Resolution 20:34 03 Dec 2007

going to re-phrase as seems unclear

Technotiger 20:43 03 Dec 2007

Just a thought - try a System Restore.

Technotiger 20:44 03 Dec 2007

Just a thought - try a System Restore, back to before the updates. You could always try the updates again later.

Technotiger 20:44 03 Dec 2007

Hmm, dunno how that double-post happened?

Resolution 20:57 03 Dec 2007

System restore didn't work and I've uninstalled and then re-installed Word but this hasn't fixed the problem. I've also uninstalled and re-installed the mouse driver. That didn't work either.

The mouse works fine on every other application. I've saved a Word file from the computer and can use a mouse on it without problems on another system. I can even use the 'problem' mouse on Word in another system.

Am I missing something stupid? Any help appreciated.

Technotiger 20:59 03 Dec 2007

Try running Ccleaner click here might be something 'stuck' in the registry.

VoG II 21:02 03 Dec 2007

Click the Office button > Word Options > Resources > run Microsoft Office diagnostics.

Resolution 21:48 03 Dec 2007

Thanks Technotiger, that did the trick. Thanks also VoG - I had tried the diagnostics routine but it had just said everything was OK.

Technotiger 22:04 03 Dec 2007

Grrreat, thanks for the feedback.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: University of the West of England (UWE)

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Les meilleures GoPro 2017