motorola unlocking code

conrail 21:16 22 Sep 2008

Hi guys, hope I have the right forum, my wife and I both have motorola handsets on the orange payg network, got 2 new sims on a different network, my fone has accepted the new sim no problem, my wifes needs an unlocking code, orange are very unhelpful and wanted £30 for each of the phones, when I told them mine was sorted the girl became agressive telling me that I should not have unlocked the phone, I told her I just put the sim in and it worked fine, she then said if I paid now it will take 45 days for the code to come, there must be an easier and cheaper way, all suggestions gratefully accepted

NewestRoyWidd1 21:25 22 Sep 2008

Have you tried any of your local shops,market stalls etc. that unlock phones?
I've never used them but would suggest you give them a try.

Technotiger 21:26 22 Sep 2008

You are more likely to get the correct help from a Motorola Forum, there are several to choose from ...

click here

Good luck.

conrail 21:39 22 Sep 2008

thanks NewestRoyWidd1, that is an option, that will cost £10, I was hoping there would be a free option
thanks Technotiger, I have registered with one of the forums, just waiting for a confirmation email so I can log in

Sea Urchin 22:26 22 Sep 2008

A friend has just unlocked his Orange phone using these instructions - have a look

click here

conrail 17:28 07 Oct 2008

thaanks Sea Urchin, had a look at that, does not include the motorola models, wife has one of daughters old phones, her contract gives her a new phone every year, new sim works fine in that so giving motoroal to someone who is already on orange.
I appreciate all your help, thanks very much

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?