Motherbored Support

Brezza 23:48 27 Nov 2006

Hiya guys,

I Know i asked this a little while back but i'v still never found and answer.

Iv currently got this bored click here

And im looking to upgrade to a CORE2DUO chip, but i cant find anywhere on the net that can tell me is this bored supports a core3duo.

I Know it supports a Dual Core Pentium D but id rather spend my cash on a DUO if this bored will support it.

Any Ideas? :(

terryf 01:32 28 Nov 2006

If you want information on your MOTHERBOARD click here

ed-0 06:54 28 Nov 2006

These are the only processers that your motherboard will support.

click here

Brezza 09:16 28 Nov 2006

Ok im still a little confused. Looks like it doesnt support a Core2Duo as its not on any of those lits.

Why does the board support a 1066Mhz CPU Bus when the only processor that uses a bus of that speed is the core2duo?

gudgulf 10:37 28 Nov 2006

There is an ASROCK equivalent board that does support Core2 Duo on the same VIA chipset......click here

That being the case it may be that your ASUS board will do the same.

But it might need a BIOS flash to do so.Having said that there is nothing on the ASUS website to suggest that C2D support is included in any of the downloadable BIOS updates.Nor are any C2D processors listed in the motherboards supported cpu list as mentioned by ed-o

Looks like you are stuck with Pentium D as the maximum upgrade.......unles you switch to the ASROCK board and add £36 to your upgrade cost.

Brezza 13:51 28 Nov 2006

Ok cool,

Will probably upgrade my board to the ASRock one, for the sake of £36 its not gonna break the bank, just didnt wanna pay it if i had too lol

Many Thanks GudGulf ;)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 Hack Latest News: How Secure is your Wi-Fi?

Photoshop CC 2018 released with new Curvature Pen and better brush tools

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Comment utiliser Twitter ?