Motherboards & dual processing

Keith C 19:23 22 Feb 2006

I'm looking at upgrading my PC from a 128mb graphics, 512mb ram, 2.8ghz athlon, to a 512mb graphics card, 1gb ram (dual memory perhaps), and a dual core processor 3.0ghz. Upgrading to such a powerful machine I have no idea what sort of motherboard I will need to support all of these things? and also concerning the graphics card I'm not sure if it will be best to go for 1 512mb card or 2x 256mb cards. If someone knows what would be best i'd appreciate some advice.

Thanks

malgall 20:18 22 Feb 2006

amd or intel cpu is your first choice
dual core cpu amd are the best
which means a 939 socket motherboard
best to use nforce 4 chipset asus have a good
name
a good site for more info on this and sli or not
is below

click here

wotbus@ 20:37 22 Feb 2006

Hi Keith C. What's best for some won't necessarily be best for you, but if you are thinking about 2 graphics cards then perhaps you are thinking about Dual SLI. To the best of my knowledge, which isn't much, the ASUS mobo's are the only one's to support this facility at the moment. I have just upgraded to dual core and used the A8N-SLI mobo which is very high spec. The deLuxe is not necessary if it's only graphic power you seek. A word of caution here, be aware that the ASUS dual SLI boards only support nVidea based graphics cards so some research on your part will be necessary.
Try this site for useful info click here
Don't worry for the URL - it's cosher..

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?