Motherboard/CPU info please

Cameraman 10:37 29 Jul 2008

Motherboard/CPU info please -- My CPU heatsink fan has got very noisy and I need to replace it. would there be any worthwhile advantage to upgrading the Possessor at the same time The motherboard is ASUS PSWD-E-PREMUIM and the possessor is INTEL 940 Pentium D 3.2g and if so what is the best possessor to use.

Cuddles 10:52 29 Jul 2008

Do you have a different model number for your motherboard?

Cameraman 11:22 29 Jul 2008

Thanks for your reply The model number quoted is marked on the motherboard and on the guide supplied with the board I can see no other

I am Spartacus 11:27 29 Jul 2008

If it's the P5WD2_E Premium then the CPUs supported are click here and it probably wouldn't be worth upgrading it.

woodchip 11:28 29 Jul 2008

That sounds like a Celeron, i may be wrong. But if it is, a P4 would be better in the socket

I am Spartacus 11:29 29 Jul 2008

Link didn't work. From that page select motherboard, then Socket775 then scroll down to your motherboard and click ok.

woodchip 11:30 29 Jul 2008

That sounds like a Celeron, i may be wrong. But if it is, a P4 would be better in the socket. I am wrong its a dual core cpu so your best bet is buy a new heatsink and fan

Cameraman 11:44 29 Jul 2008

Thanks for all your help,it appears my best option is to replace the Heatsink/fan only as any difference would not make it worth the cost etc.as I am using Pentium D 3.2 g and any improvment would be slight

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Ryzen news - release date, UK price, features and specifications

The pulp art of 80s computer game magazine covers

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment faire des captures d’écran sous Windows 10 ?