motherboard worries again

christor 23:56 27 Mar 2004

Hey again,

As regards my earlier post, will it be worthwhile upgrading my motherboard to 8x agp in the future? Will it ever be worth the hassle?

hugh-265156 00:19 28 Mar 2004

i did`nt read your other thread but just updating your mobo to get x8 agp if it does everything else you need would be a waste of money if you already have an agp x4 compatable slot.

the speed boost i doubt you would even notice and all agp x8 graphics cards will work in an agp x4 slot as its backwards compatable.

pci express is the next latest and greatest so i would hold on for a while untill this becomes available or just stick with what you have and install an agp x8 card in an agp x4 slot.as above you wont notice the difference.

goonerbill 07:22 28 Mar 2004

if you have an AGP 8x graphics card, it may be worth upgrading but if you have a 4x graphics card NO.

as huggyg71 said, pci express is coming at the later part of the year (sept/nov. time) and runs at twice the speed of AGP 8X and athlon 64 prices will have come down and windows 64 bit will be out by then, it will be better to upgrade later.

christor 13:54 29 Mar 2004

thanks guys.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Lightwell software lets you create mobile apps without using code

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?