motherboard trouble

hullguy28 19:31 28 Mar 2008

hi i have just purchase an ecs elitegroup motherboard K7S5A and checked to see what CPUs are compatible and decided to choose a AMD Duron 1.8ghz as i had a very limited budget as was wanting it just for basic things. I have installed the motherboard as described in the manual the computer powers on but there is no display i have tried 3 different agp graphics cards and still the same problems i have checked all cables and still no luck can anyone help?

STREETWORK 19:37 28 Mar 2008

Can you boot into the BIOS?

If you can then check that the graphic device is set to AGP

hullguy28 19:40 28 Mar 2008

no nothing seems to happen the monitor is dead the psu fan and cpu fan work but thats all that happens

mrwoowoo 19:46 28 Mar 2008

Have you tried plugging the monitor into the motherboards onboard graphics vga slot as well as into the graphics card?

STREETWORK 19:47 28 Mar 2008

Can you try another monitor in case the one you have is actually dead?

hullguy28 19:48 28 Mar 2008

the monitor works fine as the other pc i use has no trouble using the monitor as for the onboard vga slot there isnt one on this motherboard the only way to use the monitor is with a vga card

mrwoowoo 20:04 28 Mar 2008

You do realise that you will need to reinstall xp again if you have installed a different motherboard.
There is a chance of doing a repair with your xp disc but it's nearly always a reinstall job.

skidzy 20:14 28 Mar 2008

Can you post the ram you are using ? if you do not know just post the serial code on the ram itself.

This could be non-compatible ram.

Any beeps when switching on the pc ?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?