motherboard replacement

alsmith 11:42 22 Jul 2006

apologies if the all the answers to my query are posted already, My psu blew, replaced it and now get an led on mobo but nothing else. disconnected all other bits as per advice on threads but still nothing. next step is a replaement mobo, first Q? suitable replacement for an intel p4 d845gvsr(preferably plug and go)second Q? are any of add ons to the mobo likely to have blown i.e cpu,ram etc. My primary use for the system is word processing/internet so a cheap replacement will suffice. Any other tips on diagnostics would be great. MT Alister.

Diodorus Siculus 12:01 22 Jul 2006

As it is a micro ATX board, you could replace it with something like what follows for about £100 or less:

click here

Any of the MicroATX will suffice I think, depending on the PSU you have. These come with RAM, processor and heatsink.

Diemmess 12:09 22 Jul 2006

If like me you are a loner, dependent on friends and this site, then in your shoes, paste "intel p4 d845gvsr" ito Boogle and see what you can find there.

Having been unlucky to wreck something else other than just have the PSU blow, there's all sorts of possibilities that other things have gone as well.
So there is the possibility of buying an ever expanding list of items as you find more damage, or have still no sign of life.
Sorry to gloom. Of course you have the hope that a new mobo will correct all, but bear in mind the CPU, RAM et al.

If you have someone near with a compatible CPU and they trust you.... you could try substitution which is the only way you can check things one at a time.

ed-0 12:41 22 Jul 2006

click here

replacement board click here

When you checked every thing, did you remove all pci cards, hard drives, cdroms and use the minimum one stick of ram?

ed-0 12:41 22 Jul 2006

Sorry that was the thread.

replacement board. click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?