Motherboard memory expansion limit

mrtreacle 16:43 04 Jan 2007

Hi

Having now discovered my Cybercom badged Medion pc has a Microstar 6701 motherboard which is also marked Medion MD5000 (guess its a board configured for Medion) i have some confusion as to how much memeory each of ther 2 slots supports
On the pc box packaging the blurb states 2 slots and then says max 1gb i am unsure as to whether this means 1gb total for 2 slots or 1gb max per slot
Has anyone any direct experience of this motherboard and its memory limits in slots please
All my efforts looking so far seem to indicate the slots should take 1gb each but i need confirmation really prior to ordering further memory
The Medion site is not helpful for this
Thanks in advance again for any help offered

Richard

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:01 04 Jan 2007
  mrtreacle 19:20 04 Jan 2007

Hi Fruitbat

Thanks for very swift and succinct reply is this info from your own experience or from an online site or such etc please ?

Thanks
Richard

thms 19:32 04 Jan 2007

Go to here and run system scanner.

click here

mrtreacle 19:41 04 Jan 2007

Hi thns

Thanks but have done this already and the Crucial site actually lists the Microstar 6701 as having 3 slots not 2 thats how i know the Medion board is configured by Microstar specially for medion with only 2 slots

Richard

thms 19:52 04 Jan 2007

Go to here and download the MD 5000. tHIS GIVES YOU A PDF manual for your board.

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?