Motherboard - Flash or EXE.

spuds 00:21 03 Sep 2003

I have just had a new AMD 2200 cpu installed in my machine. Due to the motherboard,which is an EliteGroup ECS K7 SEM, the cpu is showing only as a 1700.I have been adviced to download a new driver to correct this problem. Checking out the mobo website, it gives me the choice of a Flash or EXE. I do not want to cause any harm or future problems, so which one do I use as the upgrade, Flash or EXE. I also notice that the site gives me alternatives, such as PCB1-PCB2 etc. I do not have this PCB information, so what do I do!.

Djohn 01:16 03 Sep 2003

Not sure on this but think you are looking at the US site, the BIOS may be different. click here for UK site and look under downloads then motherboards for your model, it does not seem to give a flash up-date for what you require.

I may be wrong on this, but would Rather you double checked than ruin your board. Regards. j.

CRAIGY 01:26 03 Sep 2003

on the web site it says this if you haven't allready looked "Please check the revision of your motherboard found stamped on your motherboard next to the model of your board"

Rayuk 09:36 03 Sep 2003

click here

If you look on the board between the agp and pci slot is there a marking for the version no of your board stamped there.

If it is then check above link to download the right bios[be very careful when flashing bios,make sure you follow instructions to the letter]

When you start your pc on the post screen pause it and look for the bios no,this should also help you find out which version board you have

seancblack 11:38 03 Sep 2003

When you do FLASH the bios, I would be tempted to back up the original to disk first.

spuds 19:44 03 Sep 2003

Will check through the advice given.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?