motherboard connection

alan_blue 23:56 09 Jan 2003
  alan_blue 23:56 09 Jan 2003

I would like to transfer everything from inside my present case to a new and larger one. (need room for a second hard drive and cd rom).Although it all fits, the connections from the front panel are different colours to my current one .Can anyone tell me where these wires will go .My motherboard is an ASUS P5s-VM101 .Micro ATX.The new case is ATX .

DieSse 00:20 10 Jan 2003

The connections should be labelled. The motherboard manual will tell you where they go.

If not, you will have to trace each one from where it feeds.

If you only need a manual, you can download one from the Asus website.

LastChip 00:27 10 Jan 2003

Do you not have a motherboard manual, which will normally offer a diagram of the various connector pins?

If not, maybe you could download one from the ASUS site.

The wires from the front panel are normally marked in some way on the plastic connectors. They will include, the power switch, power on LED, Re-set switch, probably a hard drive activity LED and case speaker. There may also be some others if your case includes front access USB ports.

If you connect the LED's around the wrong way, all that will happen is the lights wont work, so just turn them around.

You are also likely to find, if you look very closely at the motherboard, the pins will be marked. Sometimes a magnifying glass can help for this.

alan_blue 00:43 10 Jan 2003

thanks guys for your help ,but i don't have a manual .the wires on my old case had a multiplug on and it was obvious where to put it. The new case's wires are all single plugs and the colours are different.Although they are all named ,I can't see there equivelant on the motherboard .

DieSse 00:49 10 Jan 2003

Manual

click here

LastChip 00:57 10 Jan 2003
  LastChip 01:00 10 Jan 2003

;-)

alan_blue 02:06 10 Jan 2003

I loaded down your link but all i got was a blank page with a small box in the left top corner.I am sure this means something but i don't know what to do next.alan

DieSse 02:24 10 Jan 2003

It's the manula for your motherboard, in PDF format. You need to have Adobe Acrobat Reader installed in order to view it.

Go here for a free download of the latset version.

click here

alan_blue 22:54 10 Jan 2003

I have acrobat reader5.0 but still cannot open the file. sorry for being so thick guys.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017