Motherboard battery failure

standby 11:33 24 Jan 2005

Andycapp

Cheers

Use an old computor as standby but the Motherboard Bios battery which is soldered to the board has failed. Advice as to where I might obtain a Three Pin Connector...BERG Connector ?...that will fit over the alternative connection nearby when the jumper is removed would be appreciated, also the new battery.

Did read somewhere one time that in emergency four AA batteries taped together and wired to give six volts could be connected ...my problem would be how does one connect up to the pins, two of which are common when jumper in situ. I also must say that I question the voltage but any advice welcome.

Graham ® 11:37 24 Jan 2005

1.5 volts - it's a cell.

standby 13:32 24 Jan 2005

Graham,

Many thanks for info. Did think voltage was over the top so AA batts wired in parallel would've made more sense...this was a reputable source but why four batteries ?.

Strange but the Berg three pin connector is available at Maplins but with a 4.5 battery !!.

Thanks again anyway.

Regards

Graham ® 14:03 24 Jan 2005

Apologies, the battery voltage is more likely to be 4.5 volts. Any markings on the battery, make and model?

click here

standby 15:09 24 Jan 2005

Graham.

Thanks again. Only markings that are visible due to construction are Rayovac/Lithium with the visible plate marked Positive...no voltage I'm afraid. Reckon my problem is solved though.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?