Motherboard A8V-VM power on problem

frostysnowman 11:09 22 Aug 2006

I have just built a system based on an Asus A8V-VM board and Athlon 64 3500+ with a 550W power supply. My problem is that when I switch the power on at the mains socket the machine is starting up straight away (The problem is intermittent, sometimes it does wait until I press the case switch). I have tried a different power supply and a new case switch but still the machine powers up sometimes regardless of pressing the case switch. I even disconnected the case power on switch from the pins on the Motherboard and still the machine started. Apart from this the machine seems to be running OK and the case switch powers off the system Ok. Can anybody please advise me of this problem as I am worried that the Motherboard could be damaged and might need sending back. Thanks for any replies

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:10 22 Aug 2006

Check BIOS settings especially power management, also disable things like "wake on Lan" which will boot PC if network or modem detected.

frostysnowman 11:30 29 Aug 2006

Thanks for your reply. It was a BIOS issue and the problem was solved by downloading and flashing the latest BIOS from the Asus site.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Interview: Camille Walala on her giant 3D installation inspired by childhood funfair visits

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Où regarder le British Open 2017 ?