Motherboard

inneedofhelp 14:10 16 Oct 2006

Is there a motherboard out there capable of running a x2 or a socky 939 athlon chip that has both a agp slot AND and pci express slot.

I want to upgrade my pc to run the new fsx. However I am not going to fork out a fortune for a graphics card until one comes out to support dx10. So I plan to upgrade everything now bar the graphics cards and run my current radeon x800 xt pe AGP, wait for a dx10 to come out, and buy one of those in PCI express. Any ideas/comments/suggestions or flaws with my plan???

jimv7 14:16 16 Oct 2006

Why not get a board with onboard pci ex graphics until you can upgrade to a pci ex card.

I have the gigabyte ga-k8n51gmf-9 socket 939 which has the onboard graphics of nvidia gforce 6100 + a pci ex slot.

Just 1 example.

ed-0 14:37 16 Oct 2006

click here For a socket 939

Any good?

inneedofhelp 14:40 16 Oct 2006

Jim, would the onboard graphics be up to running fsx??????????

Ed, this looks ideal. Why is it soo cheap? Are there any more spec up models. What I dont want is a good cpu, a good graphics and good memory, for it to be wasted on the cheapy mobo. Of course, it could just be a good deal.

Also, do you know if it can run both the AGP and PCI at the same time? (thinking of a dual monitor cockpit)

ed-0 14:44 16 Oct 2006

It's from click here ( why the links don't go with the front page? ) and will take these cpu's click here

thats the only duel I know of the top of my head, I recommended it awhile ago for an upgrade, so like you, they could go pci-e when needed.

Run both together? Not sure!! As dual monitors, maybe but not dually for a game. I would guess.

ed-0 14:49 16 Oct 2006

A quick google gives

click here

click here

click here

these also, if you can find any.

ed-0 17:36 16 Oct 2006

the above 3 are for intel based cpu's.

Bailey08787 17:39 16 Oct 2006

bear in mind that when you do come to upgrade to a pci gpu, you'll have a redundant agp slot taking up space that you're not likely to use again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?