The most visited website in the worlds is?

powerless 22:25 17 Aug 2003

Well does anyone know, i am fascinated to know...

I having a feeling it's google.

I'm aware of click here but in order for them to have a list you need ther toolbar which will send back stats. So the people who do not have the toolbar will not be included.

powerless 22:27 17 Aug 2003

well, the world.

Forum Editor 22:27 17 Aug 2003

Microsoft.com

Forum Editor 22:30 17 Aug 2003

the official statistic:-

About 40 million unique users, on average, visit Microsoft.com every month, generating about 800 million total page views.

Ironman556 22:42 17 Aug 2003

Is that the Alexa that's in Internet Explorer? I'd guess there'd be a few connections to the Alexa site, but does that count as a visit to the website?

jakedawe 22:54 17 Aug 2003

I don't think I'm atypical, but I might visit Google up to 10 or more times a DAY and Microsoft maybe once or twice a MONTH. That might indicate that Google gets a few more hits than Microsoft.

Forum Editor 23:20 17 Aug 2003

the world's busiest corporate web site, but if you count search engines as 'sites' in the way that I think Powerless meant I think MS would win hands down. All search engines get huge numbers of requests, and Google says that it processes more than 150 million searches a day. The true figure is probably far more than that - the company runs on 10,000 servers, and that's a lot of computers.

powerless 23:26 17 Aug 2003

THe MS WU part of MS i'm sure has had a peak and broken the records, due to the Blaster thingy.

Yes a search engine whislt there is a site. It is a search engine so its bound to have a huge number of visitors......searching!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone