Most annoying occurance

kalstras 08:58 17 Sep 2007

I have this "thing" that happens when I first use my computer, not on startup and not the first key I press, but soon after. I normally switch my machine on, then open the browser, my email, and when I press the shift key, what opens up? The sign on page for Yahoo mail. I do not use Yahoo mail, and cannot get it to stop.

Somebody please advise.

Is it something in the registry?

I use IE7, Vista premium, and do not have ANY Yahoo applications installed.

Many thanks in advance

Kal

Marko797 09:23 17 Sep 2007

Is there a chance that u have installed a prog which at some point provided an option to install yahoo mail/messaging, or not? I had this option recently on installing a game and chose not to install. Might be worth checking in ur prog files for a 'yahoo' folder. Failing that go to ctrl panel/settings/add/remove progs and look in there. If u still can't see it, get ccleaner and look in Toools. This will tell u what u have installed.

Marko797 09:24 17 Sep 2007

go to msconfig and look at what's in ur 'start up'

kalstras 09:49 17 Sep 2007

Hi and thanks, no it's not in the startup, nor is it in ADD/REMOVE programs.

I have done a Yahoo search in my computer to find all instances and came up blank.

Marko797 10:08 17 Sep 2007

I don't use IE7, nor have Vista, but could it be that your internet default page has changed - Internet Settings/Options/General? Failing that I'm at a loss, sorry.

kalstras 10:59 17 Sep 2007

It is none of the above, and yahoo don't have any help available, well not easy to access and they haven't answered my posts...

ambra4 12:19 17 Sep 2007

Try this program download and run

click here

kalstras 13:10 17 Sep 2007

nope sorry, anyone else? Bueller, Bueller, Anyone?

I still think it's in the registry but am too wary of the editor to attmept it myself.

Thanks anyhow

kal

kalstras 13:11 17 Sep 2007

thanks marg, is CCleaner freeware?

kalstras 13:31 17 Sep 2007

thanks for that, will try it, then on to HP help chat at their website...

I think it's deeper than the routes that are suggested here.

Cheers

Kal

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Is this the future of VR and AR?

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment regarder le Bureau des L├ęgendes en ligne ?