more obvious and simple coding help

mco 17:39 17 Dec 2006

I'm adapting an opensource template and doing it entirely in notepad; however my knowledge of html is very limited. Please would you look at one of my pages click here and tell me - how do I change from linked text to non-linked text? I mean, on each page there are games I've hyperlinked to. But everytime I try to add regular text, say to describe the games, it just comes out as hyperlinked to the previous game. I've tried the bracket - p bracket or the bracket - li - bracket (don't want to add code in case it doesn't work here ) but they still come out as connected to the previous hyperlink. Surely it must be a simple thing I'm missing! Thanks!

harristweed 17:47 17 Dec 2006

Change

< p >< a h re f="cg/christmasfootie.swf"alt="flash game" target="blank" / a >A geog-related Christmas penalty shootout < /p >

< p >< a h r e f="cg/christmasfootie.swf"alt="flash game" target="blank" < / a >A geog-related Christmas penalty shootout < /p >

(spaces added to stop the usual error!

ie add a "<" after target="blank"

mco 20:33 17 Dec 2006

I'm happy with the original sentence as it is (with 'a geog-related etc' as the linked words, )but how do I do a totally new sentence following on from that? Your help is much appreciated!

mco 22:49 17 Dec 2006

I'll go back and try again!

mco 23:10 17 Dec 2006

Yes, thanks both - another stage in my learning!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017