More IE 7 Problems

Expat 1 20:24 06 Feb 2007

IE 7 Problems

Have done a search for past IE7 Postings Found one posted by billieinspain 08/12/06 14.26 and tried all the sound advice he was given but still have the problems he was/is encountering. (He hasn't closed the posting) As I am also in Spain I was wondering if the fact that we are out here with the Notorious Telefonica is causing the intermitant crashing of IE7. Have only encountered the problem since going over to Broadband yesterday.

Any advice would be gratefully recieved.

Thank You

Expat 1 20:44 06 Feb 2007

Have also got Mozila Firefox Installed but don't like it, Only kept it in case I had problems with IE7 (Which I now have) Don't like F/F cos cant get rid of the tabs thingy.

birdface 23:25 06 Feb 2007

Try turning of your Modem at the main for 10 seconds,then turn it back on and leave it for two minutes before you use computer,Or try Tools ,Internet options,Programs,Make sure Internet Explorer is main default Browser,Found halfway down the box,Or try,Tools, Internet Options,Connections, Lan settings,And tick, Automatically detect settings.Never dial a connection should be dotted before you go into lan settings.

Expat 1 22:37 07 Feb 2007

buteman

Have solved the problem by uninstalling Explorer 7. All working OK now. Still got IE though, Think it must be IE6.

Expat 1 22:44 07 Feb 2007

Forgot to Tick. Happy Chinese New year To All.

birdface 23:04 07 Feb 2007

Just click on help on IE toolbar,About Internet Explorer,It will tell you what one you are running,If you are going to download IE7 in the future,If you have any extra toolbars ,Either delete them or up-date them,Turn off your Firewall And Anti-Virus,then download IE7,When computer reboots your Anti-virus and firewall will automatically re-start,And I hope that I am still about next year to wish you a Happy New Year again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?