more camera help

gulgatha85 19:39 04 Apr 2008

I bought a mini dvd video camera and want to e-mail the videos to friends. the files are recorded in vob format so I end up haveing several diffrent files required to play. I have a windows live. email account and cant send all them at once. I tryed to put them in a zip file but it would let me upload it to my email. So do I need to convert the files or is there a nother way to send them.

jack 20:23 04 Apr 2008

the only solution.
The chances are the files are too big to send my E-Mail

You could Google for large file hosting sites
This is like image hosting where you can upload an image and send the link to as friend
There are sites for v-large files also
This is one
click here
loads more if you Google for 'Large File Hosting'

gulgatha85 23:48 04 Apr 2008

any way to compress it smallenough for email like could converting it to avi hel also could i transfer it in an im like yahoo

MCE2K5 00:56 05 Apr 2008

Try This DivX click here

or

Super click here Use Download From Mirror,

Convert to MP4.

anchor 17:07 06 Apr 2008

I have just tried using "Super" to convert a vob file to avi, using the DivX codec, (which is included in Super).

A 156Mb VOB file was reduced to 21Mb AVI, without any noticeable reduction on quality. It still a large file though.

If you are prepared to have a smaller picture & lower quality, then you can reduce the size even more using Windows Movie Maker. You choose what the output will be. The file will be in WMV format which, like an AVI, will play on all Windows computers.

note: VOB files will not so easily be played by your friends.

gulgatha85 02:55 08 Apr 2008

thank you for your time and help

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?