Monthly Internet usage i.e 2gig

Sparkly 15:12 16 Oct 2006

Hi can anyone tell me if there is any way of checking how much internet usage you may have left or what you have used dureing the month? At the moment i am with BT Option 1. On thier website it gives this example: With Option 1's 2GB monthly usage guideline you could, for example:

Download 10 music tracks per week
Watch 4 minutes of video/ trailers per week
Download 1 movie per month
I am never to sure how much music or film clips the kids download and dont realy want an email or letter from bt saying your over your limit.

Thanks in advance.

sean-278262 15:16 16 Oct 2006

I am with EFH broadband and they dont provide an online check however most places will happily tell you if you call them up.

anskyber 15:26 16 Oct 2006

I have used this in the past and it does it for you. click here my current ISP Zen has the info on my account updated daily.

Graham. 15:51 16 Oct 2006

I find it odd that an ISP does not provide a 'Show my usage' facility for a capped service. Are you sure there isn't one if you view your account?

Jimmy14 16:02 16 Oct 2006

thanks for that very handy program.

sean-278262 16:07 16 Oct 2006

My provider doesnt have one thats for sure. They use some rubbish about it not being best to implement any one particular method. However Every other ISP I have used implemented one or another system. Most places have a free phone number anyway. Also usually the over use charges are quite cheap. My ISP is £1 per GB.

Sparkly 17:21 16 Oct 2006

I have been into my account on the bt website and they tell you in the help section that there is not away of persnally monitoring your usage they monitor it internally and will contact you if you go over your limit, and will offer an opion that is more inkeeping with your needs or the same as Creature of the Nite they allso charge a £1 a gig for over use.

Sparkly 17:22 16 Oct 2006

Thanks for your replies.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone