Monitoring PC use

PCA reader 12:08 16 Jul 2006

I've searched Google for tools which can monitor the use of a home PC including Hotmail send/receive mail and have been surprised at the number of 'finds'. Some look decidely 'iffy' and the support website is non existent. Some look OK though.

Has anyone any experience/advice on any of these please ....SPYmail, Iambigbrother, Spyagent ... or indeed any other products.

Thanks,
John

Mr Mistoffelees 12:42 16 Jul 2006

This looks promising click here and does not appear to be insidious.

.:?:. 13:37 16 Jul 2006

note

PCA reader 09:22 17 Jul 2006

Thanks Mistoffelees.
.:?:. - not sure of your reply ?

John

Bogbrain 12:45 17 Jul 2006

Monitor it for what .......viruses? You don't actually specify what you want 'monitored' In hotmail you can elect to keep copies of sent mail, or do you mean something like 'mail washer' ?

Jackcoms 14:12 17 Jul 2006

If you're using XP and have several user accounts on the PC, you can monitor each user's activity by going to Start; All Programs; Administrative Tools; Event Viewer and then look at the Security and/or System logs

Shortstop 14:31 17 Jul 2006

I believe that PCA reader means programs that monitor your Pc for surfing habits, keyloggers and such rather than him monitoring his PC.

Maybe he wants to avoid these - if so, spybot S&D click here , Adaware click here & A-squared click here are all excellent programs [and free!]

PCA reader 15:00 17 Jul 2006

Thanks all.
Jackcomms is correct, I want to monitor other Users' activity on my (a shared) PC... webmail mainly.
John

vinnyT 16:30 17 Jul 2006

'.:?:. - not sure of your reply ?'

I think that .:?:. was just marking the post so he could easily refer back to it as it interests him or her.

SANTOS7 16:35 17 Jul 2006

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?