Monitor/Graphics Card Resolution Query

  MrSheen 18:28 20 Sep 2006

I've just bought a Hanns G 19" widescreen monitor which has a recommended resolution of 1440 x 900. I've tried to set the resolution to this but it's not one of the resolution options.
I've heard that I might have to purchase a new graphics card but don't know how to tell which ones will support this widescreen setting.
Can anyone shed any light or point me in the right direction?

  gudgulf 18:35 20 Sep 2006

What graphics card and pc are you connecting it to?

  MrSheen 18:49 20 Sep 2006

GEForce FX 5200 Graphics Card
Using XP, AMD XP2600, 512MB RAM

  gudgulf 19:16 20 Sep 2006

It appears that 1440x900 is not a resolution supported by the standard NVidia drivers.

Looking on Google there are a number of APPLE computers out there fitted with 1440x900 resolution screens and the GeForce 5200 graphics yours will definitely run that resolution.

Read this thread click here

You will probably need to get something like powerstrip which will let you run non standard resolutions.

  MrSheen 19:27 22 Sep 2006

Okay, ive got Powerstrip but can't for the life of me work out how to set my own resolutions!! Sorry if i'm being dim....all i seem to get is the standard resolution options i do normally. Can anyone help?

  DieSse 20:03 22 Sep 2006

I've got a 5200 fortunately.

Go to Display - Properties - Settings Advanced

Click on the GeF5200 tab - a side menu will open. Click on the Sceen Resolution & Refresh Rates line (if it's not showing click the + sign next to GeF5200

At the lower half of the right hand pane you should now see Custom Resolution and Refresh Rates. Then set it to what you need.

  MrSheen 20:12 22 Sep 2006

Thanks DieSse
That's sorted it now!
Thanks everyone for their help!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?