Monitor value

BigRik 00:05 30 Jan 2006

Hi all.

I should receive my new monitor around the middle of the week, so I'll need to be finding a new home for this one.

My question is, what price could I reasonably ask for my old monitor? I've looked for it on the web but I can't find one for sale (I guess its obsolete now) to try and fix a price to it.

This is my current monitor click here. It came with my system which I've had now for just under 2 years. It still looks new.

If I didn't sell it privately, what minimum offer should I expect from someone like CashConverters?

Thanks for any help.

PS. Sorry if this is in the wrong section! I'm still wondering whether I should have posted this in Consumerwatch.

Stuartli 00:15 30 Jan 2006

CashConverters will give you much less than you can obtain selling privately.

However, the price of TFTs has fallen sharply in recent months and, with new 15in and 17in monitors available for around £100 to £120, you are unlikely to get more than about £40 to £50 for it.

Have you thought about donating the monitor to a school or charity organisation for use in their work?

007al 00:37 30 Jan 2006

If you have an ebay account with good feedback,you can get around £50-£80,depending on what time of week you set the auction to end

Gandalph 01:34 30 Jan 2006

Also depends on how many hours of life there are left in the back light. It should tell you somewhere on the on-screen menu how many hours it has been on.

BigRik 23:10 30 Jan 2006

Thanks for your help.

I hadn't thought about donating it, because of the excellent condition its in I would rather get a price for it, but its a worthwhile choice.

I don't use ebay (or wish to) so therefore don't have an account. My brother does though, so I suppose I could ask him to sell it for me.

I've looked right through the on-screen menu and I can't find anything on the back light anywhere. Could that option only be available on certain models?

I should imagine the favourite option is donation, so thanks for jogging my memory Stuartli!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: UAL Central Saint Martins

MacBook Pro 15-inch (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?