Monitor spec for Medion E3300 - resolution query

pabx3 18:31 03 Feb 2009

I'm thinking of buying a Medion E3300. The leaflet says "Requires a Full-HD screen/monitor supporting 1920 x 1080 resolution".

Does this mean [a] you only need this to get the best performance from the computer OR [b] it won't work at all with a lesser spec monitor?

I have a 15-inch diagonal Iiyama Prolite E380S with a native resolution of 1024 x 768 75Hz. Will this work with the PC (but at a lower quality) to start me off with web browsing, e-mail and Word documents?

Sorry if this is a very basic question!

AndySD 19:26 03 Feb 2009

Yes it will work with the pc but you will probably not be able to watch HD DVD films on it.

pabx3 20:29 03 Feb 2009

Thanks, AndySD for your quick answer.
I won't be watching HD DVD films for a while, so that's no problem.

Would you expect the PC, with the ATI Radeon HD4350 graphics card, to have the ability to run two monitors (dual-monitor?) in what I think is called 'extended desktop' ? The outputs are listed as 1 each of DVI-I VGA HDMI. I guess I might need to use an adaptor depending on what I eventually get as a second monitor. Do the two monitors have to be same screen size and resolution spec?
All of this is new territory for me, so I'm most appreciative of forum help.
Cheers,
pabx3

AndySD 20:40 03 Feb 2009

There should be an adapter supplied. Yes you can use two monitors and they dont have to be the same screen size and resolution or colour depth, you set these options yourself. I use multiple monitors all the time.

pabx3 20:50 03 Feb 2009

Thank you, AndySD, for the speedy clarification.
I only joined the forum a few days ago and have learned a lot.
Cheers,
pabx3

AndySD 20:59 03 Feb 2009

pabx3

My pleasure, stick around and I am sure after a while you will be able to help others. It seems like I only joined a short while ago and answered a question posed by the Forum Editor when he was just a member, how little I knew then - but I stayed and read others problems and gained the knowledge to try to help others.

Andy

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?