Monitor showing 'No input signal'

Barnacarry 12:45 04 Apr 2009

I have had some trouble with the computer freezing, with a lot of wavey lines, and have been told by members of this forum that my on-board graphics may be to blame. Because of problems when restarting the computer I have now formatted my hard disk but now, when I start the computer, the screen says 'No input signal'. I have checked all connections, the fans start and the logo of the monitor comes up with the above warning. I have a new graphics card, which I put in, but the same warning appeared.

Windows XP, Motherboard - Winfast 6150K8MA Socket 939CPU, New Graphics card - ASUS Extreme AX300SE 128MB DDR, 3GB memory, I year old Medion 22" widescreen monitor

All help appreciated!

ICF 12:50 04 Apr 2009

Did you turn off the onboard graphic via the bios then install the new graphics card then load on the drivers for it?

Barnacarry 12:57 04 Apr 2009

Unfortunately, I intended to do this prior to fitting the hard drive in, and reinstalling XP, but for some reason, after the logo and warning on the screen comes on, it turns itself off, so I'm not able to do anything.

ICF 13:04 04 Apr 2009

Have you tried another monitor or lead if it's not hardwired?

ICF 13:05 04 Apr 2009

Have you actually reinstalled XP?

Barnacarry 13:08 04 Apr 2009

I haven't reinstalled XP yet and I haven't tried another monitor yet. I'll do that now and let you know.

Barnacarry 13:08 04 Apr 2009

I'll try the monitor, I mean.

Barnacarry 13:17 04 Apr 2009

I have just tried this monitor and nothing happens. I did fit the new graphics card in earlier and that didn't work either, no surprise there.
If I can't get any monitor to work, how will I be able to change the bios?

ICF 13:31 04 Apr 2009

Hve you tried turning the pc on then tapping the delete key to get into the bios?

Barnacarry 13:39 04 Apr 2009

Have just tried the delete key but the monitor doesn't work. Out of interest, when I turn on the computer I do not get the beep either.
Anyway, I'll have to leave this until tomorrow as I have to go to work now, but thank you for your help.
Barnacarry

ICF 13:57 04 Apr 2009

Are you trying the same lead each time?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?