Monitor showing "No Connection Check Signal Cable"

dads3a 15:42 06 Aug 2006

Got an old pc for one of the kids. I had to renew the P.S.U . Now I'm getting the " No connection check signal cable " when I switch the monitor on. It sounds like the machines firing up. Green light on Hard drive, fans etc. Any ideas.

Thank You

wee eddie 16:10 06 Aug 2006

If yes, then you will need to check your connections from the Monitor right back to the PC, also re-seat the Graphics Card.

Hertz Van Rentyl 16:47 06 Aug 2006

Does your graphics card if indeed there is one have its own power supply and could you possibly not have connected it when you replaced the PSU, don't mean to be funny but it is easy to do this kind of thing.

dads3a 16:55 06 Aug 2006

Its onboard graphics

Thanks

wee eddie 16:59 06 Aug 2006

Try that, the signal you are getting means that somewhere there is a break in the monitor's connection to the PC

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:00 06 Aug 2006

if someone has ben using a seperate graphics card the onboard graphics may be disabled in the BIOS.

and you can't see the enable them!

look for the clear CMOS jumper and rest the BIOS to default or remove the CMOS battery for 10 mins to rest the BIOS to default. This should reset the onboard graphics.

dads3a 17:03 06 Aug 2006

I take it the Cmos battery is the big silver Cr2032

dads3a 17:09 06 Aug 2006

I've checked the monitor by connecting it to my laptop. No switched on enough on adding second monitor to laptop but You see the windows start up screen on the external monitor but when it gets to the log onn screen it switches back to the laptop screen.

I don't know if seeing the startup screen is enough to dem that the monitor is working

Thanks

dads3a 18:40 06 Aug 2006

I've reset the bios now but still getting the same message. Does this sound like the mobo being goosed

Ray5776 18:57 06 Aug 2006

"does this sound like the mobo being goosed"
No, it sounds like the graphics card, can you update or reinstall the drivers?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:02 06 Aug 2006

As it is onboard graphics that is faulty perhaps you can fit acheap graphics card to get it going.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?