Monitor screen size

Bogbrain 20:52 13 May 2007

Monitor screen has gone a bit haywire due to 'darling' child. Scteenm width ok just height top to bottom has gone a bit wonky. It's now too 'stretched out' Tried re-booting tried resetting screen resolution tried control buttons on the monitor itself none of which helps. Have had to re-set the screen resolution down a size to get everything on the screen, which isn't really much of an improvement.
Any suggestions to rectify this please, apart fromn the obvious of shoving a 3 yr old in a box and leaving them there.

SANTOS7 21:21 13 May 2007

Have you tried "system restore"

Bogbrain 21:31 13 May 2007

Yes, I forgot to say - already tried to do a system restore as well and got told unable to do system restore. This is on XP so presumably there's an auto system restore enabled, which I know for a fact is working. Thankyou for suggesting that anyway - any other ideas beyond that?

Totally-braindead 22:02 13 May 2007

Is it possible the little darling did something softwarewise? What I mean is could the angel have deleted something?

What I would be tempted to try is reinstalling the graphics drivers first. It certainly won't do any harm. And should reset all graphics settings, hopefully back to default.

TonyM 10:10 14 May 2007

Most likely that the actual monitor hardware settings have been played about with ....depending on the model of monitor there should be a few buttons on it (usually just below the middle of the screen , which allow you into a menu to adjust the picture ...size/tilt/stretch etc.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?