Monitor screen keeps resizing itself - aarrgghh

meldme 21:53 18 Feb 2005

Hi, I have just bought a new monitor - Iiyama Vision Master Pro 513. A couple of days ago, I noticed that the screen display has been readjusting its own size, not by much, about a sixteenth of an inch at a time. The screen size goes either smaller or larger than I have set it. I never see it actually happening, but when I turn the computer off and reboot, or leave it a few minutes it seems to happen. It is very unusual and never happened on my other monitor. It seems as though the monitor is not remembering the border I have set it at. Don't know if its something to do with the drivers. Can anyone help?

woodchip 21:57 18 Feb 2005

As the Monitor warms up the screen should grow just a small amount. It's bit like a light bulb that gives more light when it's been on a bit

meldme 22:03 18 Feb 2005

Hi, I know what you mean, but its not that, its a lot more noticeable, and the display seems to creep a small amount each time. Just looking at it now, the display has shrunk by about a quarter of an inch, since I switched it on, but it only does it in small increments, so its difficult to spot it moving

Mango Grummit 22:03 18 Feb 2005

I don't post very much these days but when someone comes on and says "about a sixteenth of an inch" then at least woodchip and me understand what you mean ----- lol, post back with your OS and system specs please.

meldme 22:10 18 Feb 2005

Hi, well I'm guessing about a sixteenth of an inch, but the screen size is definately shifting by noticeable amount, its just that each time it shifts, its only a tiny bit. But if I leave my pc on till tomorrow I'll probably have a 2" display lol. Dont know how many specs you want but-
Iiyama Vision Master Pro 513
Windows XP Pro
Asus Radeon 9600se
Athlon 2500

Dan the Confused 22:14 18 Feb 2005

Faulty monitor? Maybe the CRT is duff.

woodchip 22:15 18 Feb 2005

I would be inclined to contact Iiyama Or ask for a Replacment from where you bough it

Dan the Confused 22:17 18 Feb 2005

You don't have any strong electro-magnetic fields next to it do you? :Z

THE TERMINATOR 22:18 18 Feb 2005

Couple of things to try. Get the latest drivers for your monitor and graphics card. If these don't resolve the problem, then as your monitor is a new one, you could take it back and get a replacement....TT

meldme 22:18 18 Feb 2005

If I can't sort it out soon I will be sending it back, but I am hoping to avoid all the hassle if possible

Mango Grummit 22:19 18 Feb 2005

Yes, agree -- the monitor is duff. Take it back for replacement!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone