monitor says out of range

nhojnhoj35 22:04 06 Jan 2006

Hi everybody,
I downloaded and installed an arcade emulator called MAME32 today from the link below. It allows you to play classic arcade games like pacman, scramble, donkey kong and all those kind of games.
Only trouble is when I try to play a game my monitor goes blank and the message `out of range` appears.

Question is can I change a setting on my monitor to make it work. There doesnt seem to be any settings within the emulator to change.

My monitor is a Benq 17" flat screen. I would be most grateful for any advice. It works fine on my brothers pc!

click here

Totally-braindead 22:08 06 Jan 2006

Try setting the monitor to different resolutions and see if that helps.

SANTOS7 22:11 06 Jan 2006

You may need to reduce the refresh rate as well as the resolution of you monitor to make it work...

nhojnhoj35 22:14 06 Jan 2006

Hi, thanks for that but no joy. I tried all the resolutions and none worked.
the refresh rate of the monitor is 60hz. any point in changing that?

nhojnhoj35 22:14 06 Jan 2006

sorry santos. i posted just as you did. the refresh rate is 60hz which is the lowest

Kev.Ifty 22:37 06 Jan 2006

A couple of things to try.

click here

About 1/4 the way down on the next one, Retroblast.

click here

Just to illustrate where i mean... click here

Cheers Kev

nhojnhoj35 22:56 06 Jan 2006

wow! had a quick read and i think i`ll need to sit down and concentrate. seems v complicated. thanks for the help

Kev.Ifty 23:10 06 Jan 2006

I aint trying pretend i know the answer to your problem. All i did was 'Google' your question.

EG: click here

I hope you find the solution mate..

Kev.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Adobe shows still-in-development tools, including automatically colourising black-and-white photos

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?