Monitor Resolution

Roseandaleman 23:14 04 Nov 2009

Hello
I have just bought a HP 2159 LCD 21.5 inch Monitor, top resolution is 1920x1080
I have been trying to set a resolution that will do for all applications, but without success.
If set at 1024x768 pictures of people show them short and fat, when set at 1920x1080
the views show small writing and desktop icons are very small, although good for showing more than one page at a time in word. Can anyone suggest a good resolution that might suite all areas without having to keep changing it.
Thanks
Skylooker

woody 00:24 05 Nov 2009

If you only problem is small text and icons - use "Ease of access center" to make both as big as you want.

GaT7 00:47 05 Nov 2009

The guys are right. The monitor's native resolution must be used at all times for the best picture. If you're using XP, you can adjust text, icons, scaling, etc to suit in the following areas:

Right-click the desktop & choose Properties:
- Then choose the Appearance tab - make adjustments here. The Effects & Advanced buttons will give even more options.
- Then choose the Settings tab > Advanced > General tab - increase the DPI settings here if required.

I also normally increase the size of the mouse pointer in Control Panel > Mouse > Pointers tab. G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?