Monitor repair ?

cosi 14:04 10 Jun 2004

My CTX 960F went twang last week & died. No power. Just before everything seemed ok picturewise, so I thought it might be the internal fuse. Nope that seems all right, but there was a nasty stain & smell coming from what looks like some sort of inductor coil.

Anyway reading around & after a few calls, I reached the consensus that it would be cheaper to get a new one (or at least a second hand one again). Which I have now done.

But it seems an awful waste to chuck my old one, especially if as I suspect the problem is somewhere in the power circuit.

Can anyone out there either suggest a cheap repair in the Oxford area or how I might go about attempting a repair ?

many thanks

spuds 16:46 10 Jun 2004

If you have a hour or two to spare, the answer might be > click here

TECHNODIMWIT 17:42 10 Jun 2004

be carefull if playing inside monitors as there are some very high voltages, and the capacitors hold this charge for a long time, several thousand volts tends to alter your hairstyle slightly, best to find someone who knows what the are doing, .

have you tried an old style tv repairshop.

dimwit

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best Black Friday Deals 2017

Black Friday Deals for Designers & Artists: Adobe, Apple, Corel Painter, Microsoft Surface, Wacom &e…

Best Black Friday Apple Deals 2017

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires