monitor profiles

willo500 13:36 06 Feb 2007

I get the following error message on my dell pc after calibrating with Spyder 2

"Sorry no calibration data was found in the profile "E1777FP" for display Dell E1777FP. Please select another profile using Profile Chooser(1168)"

The profile is one I cannot seem to remove from the monitor and every time I try it tells me there was a problem removing it and it leaves it where it is.
I assume this is a profile associated by Dell for the monitor. Tell me how to remove it and assiciate my new profile please.

When I switch it on the monitor tries to auto adjust and I get this error message too

thanks

Willie

Diemmess 15:12 06 Feb 2007

......... at least to return you to the start.

Control Panel > Display > Settings > Advanced > Colour Management ... and Remove any colour profile which is there.

If like my display there is no profile showing, you will then default to the original - no annoying messages. You can decide for yourself whether to go on and try again.

willo500 00:16 07 Feb 2007

Thanks I have done this. I then tried to recalibrate but unfortunately with the same result as the first time. My monitor is a cheap Dell 1777FP and it might be at fault. I will call them in the morning.

Thanks again

Willo

Diemmess 10:45 07 Feb 2007

I wish you luck.
I have dabbled in the past with monitor calibration, but either due to lack of diligence on my part or inadequate software, I gave up!

Do you really need to recalibrate the default screen? Mine is pretty good as it is, and so many other factors influence what is a subjective thing anyway.

The heavyweight picture editing apps like PhotoShop and PhotoPaint have their own calibration options.
If you are into serious commercial graphics it does become important to have a standard setting by which other factors can be measured.

For me at home ...... the result will either 'Do or Not Do!'

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?