Monitor problem please help

glosguy26 17:45 15 Oct 2007

When i switch on my monitor, the screen comes on but starts to flicker,it goes blank thyen you are able to view the picture, then it goes back to blank again & just continues to repeat, could anyone offer any advice as to what the problem could be.

exodus 20:07 15 Oct 2007

Hi, check monitor cable and connections for damage or loose fit.
If the problems persists, it may indicate a problem with the graphic card/chip or the monitor. I suggest, if possible, to use a substitute monitor to confirm or eliminate the monitor as the cause.

If the monitor is ruled out as the problem, then it may be a problem with the graphic card/onboard chip.

If a card, then remove, clean contacts and reseat into the slot. Ensure the card is clean and cooling fan, if fitted, is working correctly. If a high powered graphic card, ensure any additional power supply cables are fitted correctly.If problem persists, then remove and reinstall graphic drivers.

If an onboard chip, ensure the case has good ventilation and all case fans are functioning.
If the problem still persists, then it may indicate a defective graphic card/ motherboard graphic chip.

exo

woodchip 20:29 15 Oct 2007

Could be set to wrong Resolution. You can change this in Safe Mode

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?