Monitor problem - Blank screen at start up

cas4 23:57 02 Mar 2008

Hi, hope someone out there can help me. My 17" Smile monitor 'died' the morning after the recent earthquake(coincidence?)so I connected up an old 15" Apricot monitor, model XJ64137 48-62 Hz to my 5 year old custom built PC running Windows XP. Everything ok until the screen goes blank and a 1/2" wide lime green line briefly flashes across the screen at the point when the Windows start-up/Welcome screen would normally appear. The PC continues to load normally.
I have tried connecting the monitor to its Mitsubishi Apricot PC running Windows 95 and a Compaq DeskPro PC running Windows ME and it works perfectly on both. I have also checked that the graphics card is securely seated in its slot.
Thanks in anticipation.
Hi, hope someone out there can help me. My 17" Smile monitor 'died' the morning after the recent earthquake(coincidence?)so I connected up an old 15" Apricot monitor, model XJ64137 48-62 Hz to my 5 year old custom built PC running Windows XP. Everything ok until the screen goes blank and a 1/2" wide lime green line briefly flashes across the screen at the point when the Windows start-up/Welcome screen would normally appear. The PC continues to load normally.
I have tried connecting the monitor to its Mitsubishi Apricot PC running Windows 95 and a Compaq DeskPro PC running Windows ME and it works perfectly on both. I have also checked that the graphics card is securely seated in its slot.
Thanks in anticipation.
Thanks in anticipation.

mrwoowoo 00:08 03 Mar 2008

first try plugging the monitor in to the vga port on your motherboard instead of the graphics card, incase something has reset it to onboard graphics in the bios.
Have to tried to start up in safemode so you can do a system restore to before the quake?
If it works you could try reinstalling your graphics driver.

cas4 18:14 06 Mar 2008

Many thanks mrwoowoo, Start up in safe mode and roll back solved the problem.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Interview: Camille Walala on her giant 3D installation inspired by childhood funfair visits

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Où regarder le British Open 2017 ?