monitor problem

bumpkin 17:22 26 Jun 2010

Hi everyone,
using P4 Sony comp, XP Pro, Medion lcd screen.
While I was using this the display suddenly changed from light blue to dark blue and the text changed
to blue so it was hard to see, tried every option on the PC to no avail. In desperation tried another monitor which worked fine.
Is this the death of a monitor or do you have any ideas.

Ray

northumbria61 17:37 26 Jun 2010

Update to the latest video drivers you can find and download to desktop - then go to Device Manager - Monitors - right click on the installed Monitor and select uninstall - reboot - then reinstall latest driver. If that fails and the other monitor you tried works then you may be looking at a new monitor. Fauly ones are not worth repairing.

Diemmess 17:41 26 Jun 2010

Just one faint hope(very).

Try a replacement lead, unless you used the same lead with the other monitor.

Otherwise as northumbria61

bumpkin 17:43 26 Jun 2010

thanks northumbria61 but I cannot see how it can fail due to wrong drivers whilst I am using it,
Sounds like it`s had it to me

northumbria61 17:47 26 Jun 2010

"thanks northumbria61 but I cannot see how it can fail due to wrong drivers whilst I am using it"

I agree - but it is worth a try although I think it is the monitor itself.

Other devices can still work with problems - but work better with updated drivers.

bumpkin 17:49 26 Jun 2010

Diemmess,
Last chance saloon eh but I will try it.
thanks, just had a look cable cannot be unplugged comes strait out the back no socket.

Jameslayer 18:03 26 Jun 2010

Before you consign it for dead just plug it into another comp. This will show you one way or another.

Jameslayer 18:03 26 Jun 2010

Before you consign it for dead just plug it into another comp. This will show you one way or another.

bumpkin 18:58 26 Jun 2010

Hi again, thanks for your help. re my previous posting the cable on the one I was using to test does come straight out of the back but on the one I was having trouble with it has a socket.
thanks jameslayer, tried it on another machine and works fine.
Diemmess, last chance saloon sometimes pays off, I reversed the cable and all is now fine,
many thanks to all.

ray

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?