monitor problem

acceptmyname 14:42 27 Jul 2007

I am not sure if this problem is actually with my monitor or not, A couple of times now my monitor has gone to stanby and says no signal even though there is a signal it is just that my comp has gone to hibernate and when I press a button or move my mouse nothing happens and I have to manually switch my comp off and the restart it.

malgall 14:50 27 Jul 2007

my niece had something similar the monitor would come up no signal but the computer was still working when it rebooted it would be ok for a time
it got worse if i tried ti run anything more graphics like google earth

i replaced the graphics card which sorted out the problem

acceptmyname 14:54 27 Jul 2007

I have just replaced the graphics card last week and it has only started to to it since then

alan2273 15:00 27 Jul 2007

When you replaced the graphics card, did you completley uninstall the old graphics drivers before installing the new ones?.

acceptmyname 15:01 27 Jul 2007

I only had a ATI chipset

acceptmyname 15:02 27 Jul 2007

How do I uninstall

alan2273 15:10 27 Jul 2007

I assume by chipset you mean onboard graphics.
If you go to the link below it will show you how to uninstall the previous drivers. Then install the new drivers.

click here

acceptmyname 11:29 31 Jul 2007

now hopefully removed all trace of ATI drivers but I am still having a problem,

When my pc come out of hibernate it will just shut down and there is nothing I can do. As I said above this has only just started happening since fitting a new PSU and a new Nvidia GFX.

Any advice and help much appreciated

acceptmyname 12:09 31 Jul 2007

;

acceptmyname 15:25 31 Jul 2007

I know this probably gets on people nerves but I am gonna bump this to the top

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?